We have had a really busy few months and so wanted to take the opportunity to highlight what we’ve been up to and how we’ve been helping our clients and other businesses.
We work on such a broad range of activities, in addition to the usual contracts of employment, employee handbook and HR advice and support, so we thought it would be useful for you to see how we might be able to help you and your business in the future.
In this update, we talk through the following activities:
- HR Audits.
- HR Online Platforms & Databases.
- Salary Benchmarking.
- Employee Benefits Review.
- Employee Opinion Surveys.
- HR Board Reports.
- Line Manager Training.
- HR Admin & Onsite HR presence.
Please read on for more detail.
HR audits are when we review and analyse certain areas within your HR function.
It can range from a remote gap analysis exercise of your existing contracts of employment, policies and procedures, to an onsite review of how this works in practice.
We review these areas to identify whether they are effective, legally compliant and fit for purpose.
We produce a report of the results, with some recommendations. You can then work on these recommendations yourself, or we can work with you to bridge the gaps, to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness and minimise any risk to your business.
HR Online Platforms/Databases
A number of businesses we’ve been working with have outgrown their HR systems. Whether that is paper-based or a spreadsheet, many find that as they grow, they need something more robust.
Recently, we helped a client to move from spreadsheets to using a HR software tool. We researched all the different options available and presented these to the client for review. We then helped to implement the software and transfer all employee data onto it.
HR software is designed to support businesses with time-consuming processes by providing easy management of your employee’s data, automated manual tasks and clear information organisation.
We also supported another client, who didn’t want to go down the HR software route just yet, to create an advanced employee database on Excel.
Sometimes recruitment is just time-consuming and overwhelming. You don’t want to use an agency, so what do you do?
Recently, we worked with a client to:
- Define/refine a job description and person specification.
- Carry out a salary benchmarking exercise to ensure salary levels are accurate (see below).
- Create a tailored job advert.
- Generate CV’s using a variety of advertising sources.
- Screen and assess all potential applicants – undertaking an initial telephone interview.
- Complete DISC profiling of potential applicants.
- Carry out all recruitment administration.
It is clear to see that the current recruitment market, is very much a candidate led market. Therefore, it is vital that you ensure your salaries are competitive.
We can carry out salary benchmarking and provide a salary report that contains salary ranges for your job role or industry, providing you with invaluable information to ensure your salaries are competitive and attractive.
Employee Benefits Review
In this competitive labour market, candidates and employees are looking at what else you offer, on top of a fair salary.
They are looking at financial incentives, such as bonuses and commissions schemes, but they are also looking at the wider benefits. This could be holiday allowance; dental/medical insurance; death in service provision; enhanced pension scheme; enhanced family friendly policies (maternity/paternity for example); flexibility in their working hours and place of work.
We can review your current benefits package and help you to identify any gaps and how to plug these.
We have worked with a client recently, whereby we reviewed their existing benefits, via an employee survey. We then analysed the results and provided a report of findings and our recommendations.
We have also worked with a couple of clients to introduce a number of benefit schemes: cycle to work scheme; death in service policy; an employee assistance programme and an online rewards platform. We carried out the research, proposed the different options and then aided the implementation.
Employee Opinion Surveys
From gathering feedback to monitoring progress, our surveys can measure employee engagement, improve performance and enrich your company culture.
People, not profits, enable businesses to be successful and the key to maintaining employee motivation and driving business forward is communication. Employee surveys can provide you with the trackable metrics you need to measure how happy your employees are in their jobs. With motivated, loyal, well trained employees and a happy work environment, your company will achieve higher productivity.
From onboarding to offboarding and all the points in between, you can find out what your employees really think!
We have recently worked with a couple of clients, covering the following areas, via an employee opinion survey:
- Training and development opportunities.
- Salary and benefits.
- Job satisfaction, employee motivation and engagement.
- Effectiveness and awareness of policies and procedures.
- Effectiveness of communication and work-related relationships.
We facilitated the survey, analysed the results and produced a report of our findings, including our recommendations.
HR Board Report
We have supported a couple of our clients to produce a HR Board Report on a monthly basis. Linking in with their existing HR systems, we created a template and a process to follow. Making it easy and effective. It covers the following areas:
- Number of current employees, including: leavers, new starters and agency workers.
- Days lost to sickness absence and the reasons.
- Employees on leave (excluding annual leave): maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and compassionate leave.
- Outstanding mandatory training.
- Appraisals still to be completed.
- Any claims made through a health insurance scheme.
- Uptake of private medical insurance scheme.
- Number of eye tests or health assessments carried out.
Line Manager Training
We have developed a line manager training course, to increase the knowledge and skills of new and existing team leaders.
This 2-day course covers:
- Managing performance.
- Communication and team building.
- Handling disciplinary and grievance situations.
- Holding difficult conversation.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Attendance management.
- Mental health and wellbeing.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion.
We have been delivering these at our offices, with delegates from a number of different companies, which is really useful for the transfer of knowledge and experiences.
We are also working with one of our clients to create a bespoke line manager training course, in line with their own policies, procedures and culture.
HR Administration & Onsite HR Presence
We work with a few clients to manage their internal HR administration function, remotely, through the Cloud. We carry out activities such as:
- Man an internal HR inbox – being the first point of contact for all HR queries, both from employees and managers.
- Draft and send letters to the team.
- Keep HR related databases and systems up to date.
We also go into the office of one of our clients 1 day per month, on top of our usual service level, to ensure there is a physical HR presence within the business.
Our HR Website & LinkedIn Page
If you haven’t yet visited our new website or LinkedIn page, where have you been?!
If you want to keep up to date on all things HR, then please take a look. The website also gives you additional information on all our other services, how we can help you and success stories from happy clients. Definitely worth a visit!
How Hallidays HR can help
If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail, then please do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 476 8276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. And of course, visit the website: https://hallidays-hr.co.uk/ and our LinkedIn page: www.linkedin.com/company/hallidays-hr/